5 Benefits of Drinking Water
We all know that drinking water is both good and beneficial to living a healthy lifestyle.
To function properly, all the cells and organs of the body need water.
Here are five benefits to staying hydrated:
1. BOOSTED ENERGY: Dehydration can leave you feeling drained and fatigued. You don’t necessarily have to follow the “eight glasses a day” rule, but you do want to drink enough water to keep your body well hydrated. You can tell you’re well hydrated when you don’t feel thirsty and your urine is light-colored. Try to get to the fridge or water cooler for a refill every few hours. The walk there will also help you wake up.
2. STRESS RELIEF: Next time you start feeling overwhelmed, take a breath and take a drink of water. Increasing your fluids may help reduce immediate stress.
3. BETTER SKIN: Water is essential to maintain the optimum skin moisture and deliver essential nutrients to the skin cells. It replenishes the skin tissue and increases its elasticity. This helps delay the appearance of signs of aging like wrinkles and fine lines.
4. MAINTAIN REGULARITY: Water is important for your digestion. It keeps the food you eat moving along through your intestines and it keeps your intestines smooth and flexible, too.
5. WEIGHT LOSS: Drinking water helps boost your metabolism, cleanse your body of waste, and acts as an appetite suppressant. Also, drinking more water helps your body stop retaining water, leading you to drop those extra pounds of water weight.
From high-quality water for drinking and cooking to soft filtered water for showers and washing, Kinetico of West Texas’s customized filtration systems and water softener solutions provide peace of mind throughout homes, while giving you access to clean, clear water straight from the tap!